The Giving Tree
Posted 2 March 2021
We have a very generous community who are always keen to donate items that we might need here at the Zoo. We receive many calls and emails, so here is a helpful guide outlining what we need.
These items can be dropped at reception (if small amounts) or let us know if you have browse that requires drop off or our team to come around and cut it.
- Fresh guava
- Pine cones
- Banana plants
- Sugar cane
- Plantable herbs
- Whole nuts in shells (walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, macadamias)
- Plants (bromeliads, agaves, browse species, trees)
- Vines e.g. supplejack (but please don't cut any in the forest as it is protected)
- Plumbing joins, especially 100mm elbow joins
- Solar powered pump (ideally submersible)
- Bicycle wheels
- Natural or synthetic sisal/manila rope varying thickness 6mm-20mm
- Untreated plywood
- Railway sleepers
- Turf lawn
- Boomer balls
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with 'The Giving Tree' in the subject line.