Animal Encounter Terms & Conditions
It is the responsibility of the participants to read the following terms and conditions prior to arriving at Hamilton Zoo.
- Admission to Hamilton Zoo is not included in the Animal Encounter ticket price.
- Age restrictions apply to all Animal Encounters. All participants must be at least 5 years of age. All children 5-15 years of age must have an accompanying adult (booked and paid) with them on the Animal Encounter.
- Hamilton Zoo must be notified prior to the experience of any medical conditions or disabilities which might impact on a participant’s ability to undertake the Animal Encounter. If you are not sure, please ask us.
- If you are pregnant or have a relevant medical condition, please consult with your GP before booking an Animal Encounter.
- No refunds will be given if upon arrival you do not meet the criteria to participate in your booked Animal Encounter.
- Animal Encounter tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you are unable to attend your scheduled Animal Encounter please contact email@example.com
- We recommend arriving at Hamilton Zoo at least 30 minutes before your scheduled Animal Encounter time. The Animal Encounter will commence at the scheduled time and we are not able to refund or rebook late arrivals or no shows.
- Other people may be booked on your Animal Encounter, provided spaces are available. Spaces on the Animal Encounter will not be allocated above the maximum capacity of the individual Animal Encounter.
- Flat, fully enclosed footwear must be worn.
- Weather appropriate clothing is strongly recommended. Your Animal Encounter will proceed in all but the most extreme weather conditions. You will not be able to use umbrellas during your Animal Encounter.
- The Tiger and Lemur Animal Encounters may involve the use of food at Hamilton Zoo staff’s discretion. Please notify Hamilton Zoo prior to the experience of any food allergies participants may have.
- All Animal Encounter participants must follow instructions given by Hamilton Zoo staff at all times. Failure to comply may result in you being removed from the Animal Encounter. No refund will be issued under these circumstances.
- All Animal Encounter participants must be well at the time of the encounter. If you are unwell, showing symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 7 days you will not be able to participate in the Animal Encounter. Please let us know at least 24 hours before your booking.
- All Animal Encounters are with wild animals who have a choice in how they engage with the encounter. Due to the possibility of unforeseeable animal health, welfare or staffing issues, Hamilton Zoo cannot guarantee that all animals and habitats specified will be available. If this occurs, we will endeavour to rebook the Animal Encounter or, if this isn’t practical, offer a full refund. Hamilton Zoo will not reimburse any traveling or other incidental expenses incurred.
- In the event of severe weather or other environmental factors we may need to cancel your Animal Encounter. If this occurs, we will endeavour to rebook the encounter or, if this isn’t practical, offer a full refund. Hamilton Zoo will not reimburse any traveling or other incidental expenses incurred.
- Photography for personal use is permitted during the Animal Encounter. Keeping staff will advise when photographs can be taken during the Animal Encounter. Photos and videos taken during the Animal Encounter may not be used for commercial or promotional purposes without the express written permission of Hamilton Zoo.
- Hamilton Zoo will not be liable for any personal injury or for any lost or damaged equipment.