Hamilton Zoo welcome back visitors
Posted 14 May 2020
The Zoo team are excited that Hamilton Zoo is re-opening on Friday 15 May.
Under Alert Level Two public venues must put measures in place to manage visitor numbers and physical distancing, so things will look a little different when you visit. This includes a one-way path through the zoo to keep you, our staff and our animals safe.
If you're planning a visit, here's what you need to know:
- We're open Tuesday to Sunday 9.30AM to 4.30PM, final admission at 3.30PM.
- We will be closed Mondays (except Queen's Birthday weekend 1st June - closed Tuesday 2nd June) for additional cleaning and to ease the pressure on the Zoo team who have been working through all alert levels with reduced staff.
- If you are unwell, please delay your visit.
- No cash payments, to safeguard you and our staff. Card, vouchers, online tickets only.
- Visitor numbers will be limited to 500 at any one time. Once the limit is reached a one-in/one-out system will operate.
- Contact tracing on entry is compulsory.
- The Hungry Moreport Cafe will be open. Takeaway only. Again, no cash payments.
- The Zoo shop remains closed for now.
- Extra cleaning in high traffic areas is in place.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at points around the Zoo.
- Observe physical distancing, 2m is recommended.
Level two means new ways of operating for public venues. We ask for your patience and support and we look forward to your visit.