An experience not to be missed!
Go behind-the-scenes with a Face2Face encounter and meet some of our animals!*
For only $20* per person form that special bond that comes from meeting a wild animal face to face and know that 10% of the encounter fee will help endangered animals in the wild through the Hamilton Zoo Conservation Fund.
* Normal Zoo entry charge still applies
** Maximum of 10 people per encounter per day
Tickets can only be purchased on the day and spaces are limited. There is heavy demand during the holiday period, so arrive early to secure a place. Daily encounters are subject to change without prior notice.
- All children 14 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- There must be one accompanying adult to every two children aged 3-6 years.
- There must be one accompanying adult to every three children aged 7-14 years.
- Children must be in the direct control of an adult at all times.
- Children under 3 years of age are not permitted to participate in animal encounters.
- All visitors must abide by the direction of the zookeeper.
We aim to keep you and the animals safe so please adhere to all keeper safety instructions while on your Face2Face encounter. In some circumstances you may have your shoes sprayed with disinfectant and wash your hands upon leaving an animal enclosure.
If you or any of your party are sick, we ask that you do not participate in encounters with lemurs or siamang gibbons until that person is better. As humans are also primates, illness can be passed between species.
Remember that these are wild animals, and their participation in encounters with humans on any given day is on their terms.
*Face2Face schedules and species are subject to change seasonally and depending on animal movements.