Pukeoware School visited us on the 5th July, and then sent us these photos and messages from their students.
Student Voice gathered about Junior Syndicate Hamilton Zoo Trip:
“The rhinos are endangered so the zoo looks after them.” - Isabel, Age 5
“We have to look after the grass and the trees so the animals have food.” - Sophie B., Age 5
“If we don’t have any animals we can’t see them.” - Sanza, Age 5
“Be kind to the animals or we won’t have them anymore.” - Hunter, Age 5
“The baby animals need their mum and dad just like we do.” - Ava, Age 5
“We went to the zoo to find out about new animals.” - Mason, Age 5
“Animals are at the zoo so hunters can’t hurt them.” -Azarliyah, Age 6
“Animals run away when they’re scared.” - Jak, Age 5
“Lots of animals are endangered because of predators.” - Jamie, Age 7
- Our students in all 3 junior classes could talk about what animals need (Food, water, clean air, enclosures to run around in, to be treated respectfully by people visiting the zoo).
- Our students’ encounters with the giraffes have generated a lot of discussion! They have been talking about how long their tongues are and about what they eat.
- We have had a lot of positive comments posted on our school Facebook. Our families really enjoyed seeing the photos.
- Staff were really pleased with the positive experience all our students had during the trip and especially commented how good this was for our students with additional needs – they were challenged with experiences outside their comfort zones and coped very well.
- We are going to follow the media to see what will be done to help the endangered white rhinos.